What Does The Text Say?
Searching for Text Evidence Through Non-Fiction Reading.
In my classroom I plan my reading instruction using paired text and themed reading units. Most of my fiction lessons were based on read alouds, and my non-fiction lessons were project based learning and student led or shared research projects.
I found I still has a need for more skills based independent reading, especially when it came to identifying and using text based evidence.
So I created a resource that combined non-fiction passages to practice skills based standards, to foster independent reading and writing, and included project based and extension activities that my kids LOVE to do.
This bundle includes: Spiders Research Companion
* Spider Fact Brochure Template for independent or shared research (can be used to research specific spiders or the arachnid family in general)
* Spider Research Mini Book (research pages for Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Tarantula, Wolf Spider, Crab Spider & Trap Door Spider)
*2 Different Writing Templates (research writing for spiders in general, Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Tarantula, Wolf Spider, Crab Spider & Trap Door Spider )
*2 Different Poster Templates for each specific spider or spiders in general (research pages for spiders in general, Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Tarantula, Wolf Spider, Crab Spider & Trap Door Spider and a blank template for other topics)
This bundle includes: Spiders Non-Fiction Text Packet
* 6 Spider species posters
* 3 non-fiction reading passages (for independent reading, small group, close reading, group research, homework, or assessment purposes)
* 3 text dependent questions sets (for independent & small group practice, or assessment purposes)
* 3 writing templates (for round robin writing, shared writing, independent practice, or research writing)
* 2 sets of teacher notes (how I use in my classroom & suggestions for your use
* 3 extension activities (create a new spider species, illustrating webs, create a venom antidote)
Everything you need for a complete non-fiction unit on spiders.