SPARK (Spiraled Practice And Review for Kids) Math for 3rd Grade is the perfect tool to help your students master the Common Core State Standards or the Texas STAAR Assessment. My students who have used SPARK Math on a regular basis have scored an average of 12% higher on standardized tests than students who have not used SPARK Math.
One of the most effective teaching practices for fostering student achievement and mastery involves frequent review or spiraling of the curriculum. However, many state or local district curriculum plans allot very little time for review of previously taught material. SPARK Math for 3rd Grade seamlessly embeds this review into your daily routines, while still allowing you to conform to your district’s scope and sequence requirements.
This complete set contains 112 Task Cards, 112 Recording Forms, and an Answer Key. The Task Cards are designed to be used approximately three times per week either as centers or as a supplement for early finishers. Each Task Card contains 11 rigorous math problems, most of which require multiple steps.
Similar commercially available products sell for hundreds of dollars, which is why I created this product for myself in the first place. There are four sets available for individual purchase, but this bundled set contains all four sets at a discounted price.
The topics covered in this set include:
• 2-digit and 3-digit addition (with and without regrouping)
• 2-digit and 3-digit subtraction (with and without regrouping)
• 1-digit and 2-digit multiplication
• area (using a grid and half-squares)
• determining the value of a set of coins and/or bills
• distance (including missing lengths)
• fact families
• geometry (2D and 3D)
• graphing (vertical bar graphs, horizontal bar graphs, pictographs with keys, dot plot graphs)
• greater than and less than
• identifying coins and their values
• identifying missing values in facts (addends, factors, etc.)
• mathematical vocabulary
• number lines
• number order (before, after, greatest to least, least to greatest)
• number patterns
• odd and even
• paired number tables
• perimeter (including determining missing lengths)
• pictorial patterns (repeating and growing)
• pictorial representations of facts
• place value and place value models
• place value forms (standard, expanded, and word)
• problem solving
• skip counting
• telling time
• temperature (vertical thermometers and round thermometers)
Thank you in advance for your feedback, and make sure you sign-up to follow me so you can receive updates when new items are uploaded!
Thistlegirl Designs - Licensed Reseller #107570