Also included in
- This is a collection of my best middle school lesson plans and the supporting resources that have been classroom tested, observed, revised and tweaked over several years. A year of standards-aligned lesson plans, rubrics, worksheets and videos. These lessons would also work for a 5th-6th grade class$68.00$81.00Save $13.00
Students will be able to create paintings of a spirit animal using tints and shades of analogous colors
Students will create a "spirit animal" painting. Connect to popular culture by sharing video clips of patronus from the movie Harry Potter to create excitement and engagement with this easy color theory lesson. An easy way to teach tints and shades as well as analogous colors.
INCLUDED WITH THIS RESOURCE
- Professionally formatted at-a-glance lesson plans for your planbook.
- Powerpoint Presentation for color theory portion (7 slides)
- Value Scale Practice Worksheet (optional)
- Printable colorful mini-posters of the art standards that apply
- Printable colorful mini-poster of objectives written as student-friendly “I can” statements
- Printable colorful vocabulary list for your word wall or bulletin board
- Materials list
- Step by step teacher preparation checklist
- Evaluation rubric (2 options) for you or your students to assess their work
- Teacher reflection page for after the lesson, to file away for next time
Don’t miss out on any of my new art room tested, student approved lessons. You can stay connected by following me here on Teachers Pay Teachers or get social on
Please reach out to me with any questions prior to purchase. Your feedback is valued as honest feedback improves the quality of all items on Teachers Pay Teachers. I love hearing about your student success stories. When you leave feedback you earn TpT credits, which may be used on products in any TpT store.
This resource will download as a zipped file. Click here for helpful tips on opening zipped files. It contains one powerpoint presentation and one pdf of all the printable items.