Same as the Dolch version except with Fry sight words!
SPLASH! Is a fun, quick-paced sight word card game that can engage a whole class or small group. You can set play time to a number of rounds or implement a time limit. This is great practice for those students who need a little extra support in their Fry Sight Words. The goal is to correctly read and collect as many sight words as possible, but get hit with a SPLASH! card and all your cards get washed away!
In this file you will find:
1 page of “Splash” cards
1 blank page of cards (to create your own words)
Fry sight words, The First 100
Fry sight words, The Second 100
Fry sight words, The Third 100
Fry sight words, The Fourth 100
Fry sight words, The Fifth 100
1. Cut out sight word and “Splash” cards.
2. Places cards into a covered bucket (so that students cannot see the card they are drawing).
3. One student at a time draws a card and reads the word on the card. If they read it correctly they keep the card, if not they must put it back into the bucket or container.
4. If a student draws a “Splash” card they must put all their cards back into the bucket (students think this is hilarious and I like to add enough “Splash” cards to the deck so that most students will have to put all their cards back in - good practice!).
5. Whoever has the most cards at the end of the game (usually a set number of rounds or time limit) wins!