SPLASH! Is a fun, quick-paced sight word card game that can engage a whole class or small group. You can set play time to a number of rounds or implement a time limit. This is great practice for those students who need a little extra support in their Dolch Sight Words. The goal is to correctly read and collect as many sight words as possible, but get hit with a SPLASH! card and all your cards get washed away!
A Fry sight word version of SPLASH! will be coming to my store soon!
In this file you will find:
1 page of “Splash” cards
1 blank page of cards (to create your own words)
1 set of Dolch Pre-Primer Word cards 1 set of Dolch Primer Word cards
1 set of Dolch 1st grade word cards 1 set of Dolch 2nd grade word cards 1 set of Dolch 3rd grade word cards 1 set of Dolch noun word cards
1. Cut out sight word and “Splash” cards.
2. Places cards into a covered bucket (so that students cannot see the card they are drawing).
3. One student at a time draws a card and reads the word on the card. If they read it correctly they keep the card, if not they must put it back into the bucket or container.
4. If a student draws a “Splash” card they must put all their cards back into the bucket (students think this is hilarious and I like to add enough “Splash” cards to the deck so that most students will have to put all their cards back in - good practice!).
5. Whoever has the most cards at the end of the game (usually a set number of rounds or time limit) wins!