Split Grades 3-4 Common Core Aligned Interactive Lesson Plan Templates
REVISED: NOW INCLUDES PDF TEMPLATES FOR MAC USERS
This lesson plan set contains templates for Grades 3-4 ELA (Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language for both grade levels combined on one template) , and grades 3-4 Mathematics, combined on one template.
Do you teach a Grades 3 and 4 split grade class?
Are you required to align your lesson plans with the Common Core Standards in both Grades 3 and 4?
Do you want a lesson plan template that will save you time in planning your lessons?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then these lesson plan templates ARE FOR YOU!
This set of General Education lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the Common Core State Standards in the areas of English Language Arts – Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, Language- and Mathematics at the 3rd and 4th Grade levels; and (2) fully interactive with drop down menus and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning lesson for your students. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans !
BOTH SUBJECT AREA TEMPLATES, ELA COMBINED AND MATHEMATICS, CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
Identifying Information, Common Core Standards Focus (both Grades 3 and 4) , Learning Targets/I Can Statements, Essential Questions,; Materials/Instructional Resources, Integration of Technology, Scaffolding Extensions - IEP/504 Accommodations/ Modification – both General and subject specific, Procedures, Evaluation, and Notes/Reflections. Each section is explained more fully below.
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the teacher’s name, the unit/theme being studied, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. Common Core State Standards – with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for the lesson with a section for each domain in each subject area at both grade levels 3 and 4 – one for ELA subjects and one for mathematics;
3. A section for Learning Targets/I Can Statements, Essential Questions, and Materials/Instructional Resources with plain text content control typing fields;
4. A section for Integration of Technology with drop down menu for selecting the specific strategy for integrating technology into the lesson;
5. A section for Scaffolding Extensions - General and Subject Specific Accommodations/ Modifications – with drop down menus for selecting up to three general and three subject-specific accommodations, modifications, and supplemental aides and services to document that you are employing differentiation strategies and addressing the needs of your special needs learners;
6. A Procedures section with space to include explicit instructional strategies for five days (Explanation/Modeling – I Do It; Guided Practice - We Do It; Independent Practice – You Do It and a Closure section – all with plain text content control typing fields) - set also includes templates with generic instructional format for those who may not utilize the Explicit Instructional format (PLEASE NOTE: The PDF version of the templates contain only the Explicit Procedure section.);
7. An Evaluation section with space to specify the Formative Assessments you will use for each of the five days. The specific formative assessment to be used can be selected from a drop down menu – just click on the selected assessment and it is inserted into the document! The Evaluation section also contains space for you to select from a drop down menu the Summative Assessment you will use as well as a Scoring Rubric section for you to type in the criteria for four levels of performance; and
8. A Notes/Reflections section with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the lesson and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the lesson or notes for follow-up after the lesson has been conducted.
This lesson plan set contains templates for Grades 3-4 ELA ( Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language combined on one template) , and grades 3-4 Mathematics.
If you have any questions regarding these CCSS Aligned Lesson Plan Templates, feel free to contact me and...HAPPY (SPEEDY) PLANNING!
The Word documents were created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features in the Word documents are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features in the Word document will not work on a Mac computer or a PC with Windows 2003. However, Mac users will be able to access all interactive features in the PDF version.
Note: In the Word Documents, there is a character limitation in the drop down menus. No more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list or displayed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit will be cut off when inserted into the document. In the PDF documents, the drop down menus are limited to one line only. Therefore, the font in the standards drop down menus are 8 and 9 –point to allow for more of the standards to be displayed.