This Sponge 3-D dissection anatomy model can be used as a dissection-free sponge exploration, a pre-dissection study tool, or even as a summative assessment for comparative anatomy.
This 2 day lesson includes:
• 14 PowerPoint slides with bell work, instructions and embedded answer key to handouts
• Sponge Guided reading PDF: student friendly reading about phylum porifera with descriptions of location, structure and function of each organ
• Sponge Template in BLACK LINE AND COLOR
• Students will be able to identify and explain the structure and function of the internal and external anatomy of the sponge.
• Use the PowerPoint to color in their table and sea sponge organs
• Use the provided reading about sponge anatomy and prior knowledge to determine the function of 13 sponge structures.
• Cut out the sponge and its structures
• Glue the sponge Scienstructable together using the directions in the PowerPoint
• Use the table and the Scienstructable sponge model to learn about sea sponge anatomy
This product is also found in our:
Invertebrate 3-D Paper Model Dissection Bundle
which includes the earthworm
, and sponge
And our Aquatic animals *GROWING* Bundle
If you like this, you might also love our:
• GROWING Vertebrate 3-D Paper Model Dissection Bundle
which will include our frog, fetal pig, shark, cat, rat
, perch, bird, and snake when completed in Spring 2018
• Human Body COMPLETE Bundle
• Human Body Interactive Notebook Activity Bundle
• Human Body Task Cards
• Interactive Notebook Frog Paper Model
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
All rights reserved by Mel and Gerdy. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
Sponge 3D Scienstructable Science Dissection Model © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy, LLC All Rights Reserved