Use this Spontaneous Generation foldable book to enhance your unit on the characteristics of living things, and make the story of experiments done by Redi, Needham, Spallanzani and Pasteur much more memorable than a basic PowerPoint presentation or lecture. Students create the accordion-fold booklets by gluing in place the text and illustrations describing each experiment. They then glue the booklets into place to complete the book.
The book is sized to fit in interactive notebooks for science. It comes with all the illustrations and text needed. A short worksheet for the “output” side of your INB is included.
Rather than just telling your students to “take notes” on your lecture or from reading they are doing, give them a creative engaging task to do instead. They’ll remember the story of spontaneous generation, and the work of the scientists involved in disproving it, much longer and more thoroughly than they would from a dry textbook account or even from online research.
Differentiated versions are included so that you can choose which version to use:
• Blank – no illustrations or text provided – for students to do research and design their own foldable booklets.
• Text but no pictures – for students who might struggle to read and match correct text boxes to glue into the notebook, but who could draw their own illustrations.
• Pictures but no text – to keep students engaged during a lecture or while reading. They add their own notes.
• Text and pictures pre-printed – for your students who have fine motor skill disabilities and need a version with the least amount of cutting and gluing. (This is also a good version if you’re in a hurry and need to eliminate steps in the process.)
Students who finish early might enjoy coloring the high-quality illustrations!
Connect with me by following My Blog or by following me on Pinterest
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, free resources and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive customized email updates about my new products.