I hope you enjoy this Spookley mini-unit! I love Spookley and the kids do too! This unit includes 6 ELA Lessons/Activities:
1. Retelling – Sequencing cards for the pocket chart. Also include printable retelling cards for classwork notebook (or to glue on construction paper)
2. Write about your Favorite Part response.
3. Character Analysis – using evidence from the text to describe Spookley.
4. Two Retelling Responses:
- Beginning, Middle, & End
- Characters, Setting, Problem, Solution.
5. Mixed up sentences: Hands-on sentence cards. This can be used in a small group, individual or whole group. There is a worksheet so the students can record their answers.
6. Text Connections - The students will write how they are unique and how Spookley is unique.