Spookley the Square Pumpkin: Bully Prevention Unit-Kindergarten-2nd Grade
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Description:This 10 lesson bundle uses The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin book and movie to teach bully prevention topics such as empathy skills, recognizing, reporting, and refusing bullying behavior. This bundle is the perfect way to explore these topics in a fun and age appropriate way. ItPrice $5.40Original Price $6.99Save $1.59
This 5 lesson unit uses The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin book to teach bully prevention topics such as empathy skills, recognizing, reporting, and refusing bullying behavior. This unit is the perfect way to explore these topics in a fun and age appropriate way. It is a great resource for classroom teachers, special educators, counselors, social workers, or psychologists to use with students in Kindergarten to 2nd Grade. This bully prevention unit is specifically adapted for children of all ability levels and can be used in its entirety or choose specific lessons based on area of focus.
Lesson 1- You are Special
Component: Empathy Skills
Activity: Create Square Version of Self
Lesson 2- Same and Different
Component: Empathy Skills
Vocabulary: Same, Different
Activity: Create Spookley
Lesson 3- Hurtful and Bullying Behavior
Component: Empathy Skills, Recognizing Bullying
Vocabulary: Hurtful Behavior, Bullying Behavior, Kind Words
Activities: Fixing Hurtful Behaviors, Hurtful Behaviors
Lesson 4- Telling vs. Tattling
Component: Recognizing Bullying, Reporting Bullying
Vocabulary: Telling, Tattling
Printables: Can Spookley Handle it, Reporting Bully Behaviors
Lesson 5- Standing Up to Bullying Behavior
Component: Refusing Bullying
Vocabulary: Bystander, Upstander
Printable: Upstander Sayings
Each lesson is aligned with the essential components of teaching bullying prevention to students. This includes:
- Empathy Skills
- Recognizing Bullying
- Reporting Bullying
- Refusing Bullying
- Student Objectives
- Alignment to CASEL Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Goals, Learning Standards, and Benchmarks.
- Key Vocabulary (with visuals to help teach)
- Fully Scripted with Discussion Questions and Checks for Understanding
- Hands-On Activity or Printable for Each Lesson
Check out other Behavior Saver resources:
Emotion Management Bundle
- Feelings in Our Bodies
- Managing Frustration
- Calming Down Strong Feelings
- Handling Waiting
- Managing Disappointment
Did you know? Feedback on paid products = TpT credit to use on future purchases!
• Please go to your My Purchases page and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green ¶ next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
A LITTLE ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hi! I’m Hiedi, an experienced school psychologist who works with PreK-12th grade students who struggle with social emotional functioning in school settings. The students I create products for need to learn the social emotional skills needed to succeed in classroom. I work with wonderful teachers who want to find fun and creative ways to engage students in these skills. My resources are all tested and tried so you get the best quality possible. I strive on getting feedback from teachers about how the students like the resources and adapt them to the needs.
If you have any questions about this resource, or if you’d simply like to connect, use the links below.
Thank you for Helping Students Be Their Best!
Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube | Freebies