** Newly updates to include even more centers! **
Included in this packet are 14 hands-on activities to be used during the month of October. There are 7 math and 6 literacy activities.
1. Creepy Counting - Students will practice skip counting by 2s, 5s and 10s. They will sort the cards, put them in order and record their answers on the response sheet.
2. Moonlit Missing Addend - Students will match the missing addend (partner) to the correct equations and record their answers.
3. Freaky Fact Families - Students will choose 1 card at a time and use those 3 numbers to write 4 equations. They will write their equations on the response sheet.
4. Mummy More and Less – Students will determine what is two more and two less than the given number and record their answers. Extra cards are included so students can choose their level of difficulty.
5. Witchy Order – Students will sort the cards and put the numbers in order from least to greatest. Their answers will be recorded on the response sheet.
6. Candy Corn Measuring – Students will use the candy corn ruler to measure each picture from red line to red line. They will record their answers on the response sheet.
7. Monster Measure – For advanced students. Students will use candy corn and rulers to measure and record the sides of each shape. They will add to find the perimeter of each shape and record their answers on the response sheet.
1. Costume Compare and Contrast - Students will read each sentence and decide if it tells about Frankensten, Wolfman or both. After sorting, they will cut the sentences out of their response sheet and glue them next to the correct picture.
2. Adorable ABC order - Students will read each word and arrange them alphabetically. They will write their alphabetical list on the response sheet.
3. Swirly Short Vowel Sort - Students will read each word and sort them according to their short vowel sounds. They will then write the groups on their response sheet.
4. Spooky Sentence Scramble – Students will put each group of words in order to make a complete sentence. Then they will write each sentence on the recording sheet.
5. Black Cat Capitals – Students will read each word and decide if it needs a capital letter. They will record their answers on the response sheet.
6. Tarantula Rhyme Time – Students will put the rhyming words together to make a pair. Their answers will be recorded on the response sheet.
This is one of my favorite set of centers! I truly hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Please leave me some feedback if you use them so I know what you think. For other great October ideas, head on over to my blog First Grade Fascination
and TpT store