TPT – Product Description
Personal Narrative Writing Unit for 2nd and 3rd Graders aligned with Common Core.
This fictional Narrative Writing unit on Spooky Stories is filled with lesson plans, graphic organizers, and teacher samples. This writing project teaches students techniques to build suspense and supports students (2nd and 3rd grade) with writing five paragraph essays. Lesson plans are broken up day by day for 30 min. - 45 min. blocks. Teacher samples are provided for graphic organizers and final drafts.
Help your students become confident and successful writers with these easy to use graphic organizers. This writing unit takes students step-by-step through the writing process from brainstorming, planning, drafting, editing/revising, to creating a final draft. Graphic organizers and samples are organized to give teachers easy to follow tools to model for students. Graphic organizers provide structure to support Common core standards and guide students through the opinion writing process.
• 12 days worth of writing lesson plans
• Four spooky writing prompts
• Focus-Storm page
• Sample Focus-Storm page
• Suspense writing tips and practice page
• Planning Page Graphic Organizer
• Sample Planning Page Graphic Organizer
• Show not Tell Writing Graphic Organizer
• Show not Tell Writing Graphic Organizer (sample)
• Rough Draft Graphic Organizer
• Final Draft sample Rough Draft papers
• Editing Checklists
• Final Draft publishing paper
• “I can” Self Checklist
• Quick Rubric
Check out my blog for 21st teaching tips and strategies in an elementary classroom. You can also find more freebies! Copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Also, follow me on Facebook and Pinterest: