This is a set of 9 spooky story starters useful when looking at Halloween or scary writing. They are good to practice narrative writing and to give students a choice over what story they would
like to write. They are open enough for interpretation while also guiding students with images and a beginning sentence.
Each page has the story starter, with lines for writing underneath and on the second page.
9 spooky story starters that are 2 pages each (18 pages)
- cave with bats
- black cat walking across path
- suspicious bag of candy corn
- cemetery with creepy gravestones
- unusual haunted tree
- Egyptian exhibit with an active mummy
- pumpkin patch missing some pumpkins
- spider webs
- witch living down the road