This spooky literacy writing pack teaches children the art of creative story writing through classic spooky tales and horror stories which are sure to engage and excite young minds. Focusing on the work of M.R. James, take your pupils on a thrilling literary journey through eerie hotel rooms, deserted houses and foggy Norfolk woods.
Teach spooky writing to children and help them to explore the structure of stories while learning the elements that go into a tale, with exciting characters, exhilarating settings, and twisted plots. Through the variety of exercises included in the pack, learners are equipped with the resources to create their own original spooky stories, all whilst developing their literacy skills.
The resource consists of a range of Word, Excel and SMART Notebook files which are complete and ready to teach. Slides, extracts, activity sheets and teacher prompts are provided. No other texts or resources are needed!
This pack contains:
- Pack theme deconstructed through four dynamic phases
- Big Question – a problem involving deeper thinking around the topic
- Exciting, original resources which Increase familiarity with narrative style
- Engaging activities which develop inquiry, role play, discussion, debate, research as well as literacy skills
- A range of written exercises structured around the theme which focus on improving sentence construction, use of punctuation and a variety of literary techniques
- An expansive writing task linked to an original, engaging stimulus
- Range of group, partnered and independent activities
- Scaffold writing sheets to ensure all pupils access all the content
- Coverage of many of the English National Curriculum objectives
- A scorecard which incentivises pupils
- A range of performance suggestions for celebrating good work
- Suggestions for spelling, punctuation and grammar activities to complement each lesson
- Summary and planning files