Need new engaging review games for math and language? Then this is for you! This is a growing bundle of all my Spoons Games. These games are designed for grades 4-5. Any future games I make will be added to this bundle.
Want only math games? Click here to see the Math Only Bundle
Want only literacy games? Click here to see the Literacy Only Bundle
As much as my students love puzzles, task cards, and roll and answer centers, sometimes they want something fast-paced, competitive, and highly engaging. I created these Spoons games for just that purpose.
These are truly the most motivating games I have ever used with my students, and my students literally cheer when I put these in a center. Even my most reluctant students are eager and excited for this game!
Want to learn more and try before you buy?
Click here to read a detailed blog post and grab two free games
This game is designed to be played just like the card game Spoons. Only instead of finding matches that are the same number, the matches are educational concepts.
Note that each game contains only 16 cards. There is no discard pile. The students keep passing the cards. However, if you wish to have a discard pile and dealer, simply print two sets of the cards.
The other difference between this game of spoons in the “fun” game of spoons is that the last person to grab the spoon is not eliminated. They have to tell the person with the match to “Prove it.” I made this change to make it more educational and to keep all of the students playing. After a match is made and proven, the game is restarted.
Spoons Games Currently Included in this Bundle:
1. Figurative Language Set 1
2. Decomposing Fractions
3. Decimal Place Value through Millionths
4. Identifying Basic Fractions (Great for introducing and teaching the rules of the game.)
5. Identify the Value of X
6. Representing Decimals
7. Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
8. Multiplying Fractions
9. Equivalent Fractions (2 Sets)
10. Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers
11. Determining Volume (2 Sets)
12. GCF and LCM (2 Games)
13. Multiplying and Dividing by Powers of 10 (2 Sets)
14. Figurative Language: Set 2
15. Synonyms, Antonyms, Homophones, and Homographs
16. Idioms (2 Sets)
17. Synonyms (2 Sets)
18. Representing Whole Numbers
19. Plural Nouns (2 Sets)
20. Properties of Multiplication (2 Sets)
21. Determining Area (2 Sets)
22. Identifying Angles (2 Sets)
23. Prefixes and Suffixes (6 Sets)
24. Main Idea (2 Sets)
25. Order of Operations (3 Sets)
26. Parts of Speech (3 Sets)
These SPOONS games are perfect for math centers, language centers, engaging test prep, RTI, enrichment, early finishers, tutoring, and even inside recess. My students request to play Spoons games constantly and don't even realize they are learning.