This culminating assignment is perfect to use in either a physical education or exercise science course.
- Physical Injuries
- Performance Enhancers
- Nutrition for Performance
- World Class Athletes
- Rules & Regulations
- Innovative Technology
- Young Athletes
- Women in Sport
- World Class Coaches
- Skills Development
- Psychology and Group Dynamics
There are THREE versions of this ChoiceBoard included in this download:
- Version 1 is ready to print with the requirement of completing 5 different options from the ChoiceBoard. Many of the options also include the requirement of locating 5 different options (i.e. 5 coaches, 5 skills) ***This is the one I used in class***
- Version 2 is ready to print with fill in the blank spaces to allow you to insert the specific ChoiceBoard requirements that would fit with your class.
- Version 3 is ready to print but more vague in how many items need to be developed within each ChoiceBoard option. There is still a space to insert the number of total ChoiceBoard topics students must complete for their portfolio.
I created this culminating assignment to use in my Exercise Science 4U course and it was very successful with students. It was a fairly small class (only 10 students) so every student had to pick their own sport. Needless to say, everyone was in attendance on the day that sports were selected.
The projects that students developed were amazing, detailed, accurate, but most of all very meaningful to the students who often selected sports they were individually passionate about. A couple students actually traded sports when someone looked heartbroken that they didn't get the sport they wanted. It was kinda beautiful (not to be cheesy).
That said, this would also work well as a group project because you can individually assess each ChoiceBoard option. I did this with two students that wanted the same sport and so I told them to split the options between them fairly.