Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
11.85 MB | 11 pages of lesson plans, 5 PowerPoints with 90 slides and 11 activities pages
The Sports Nutrition course will help your student athletes make better choices about nutrition and their health. I love the fact that this class has the potential to make a huge impact on their performance both on and off the field.
This is entitled “Fitness Plans.” The content for this unit will last approximately 10 days. The topics include:
Fitness Benefits/Barriers & Exercise Lab
Fitness Myths & Exercise Lab
Sports Nutrition Food Lab: Orange Ginger Chicken and Sweet Potato Muffins
Plan and Evaluate a Clients’ Fitness Program
Develop a year round sport specific exercise program
How Much Physical Activity is Needed
FitnessGram Lab – exercise
CONTENT STANDARD S:
• Explain the therapeutic benefits of nutrition and exercise to an athlete.
• Determine how much physical activity is enough for both males and female.
• Explain how to perform the fitnessgram.
• Plan a fitness program to meet the client’s goals.
• Evaluate a clients’ fitness program to determine if it is effective in meeting the client’s goals.
• Counsel clients to determine strategies to assist them in sticking to their personal fitness program.
• Develop a systematic approach for a year round sport specific exercise program for athletes in specific sports programs.
This unit comes with:
11 pages of lesson plans
5 PowerPoint presentations (90 slides)
Lots of ideas including discussion questions, on-going activities, recipes, video clip links and more
Open the lesson plans first. You will see some of the activities in bold print. The bold-faced print titles correspond to the activities that are included with this purchase.
11 pages of lesson plans, 5 PowerPoints with 90 slides and 11 activities