Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.17 MB | 10 pages and 70 slides pages
The Sports Nutrition course will help your student athletes make better choices about nutrition and their health. I love the fact that this class has the potential to make a huge impact on their performance both on and off the field.
This unit that is entitled “BMI and Weight Management” The content for this unit will last approximately 5 days. The topics include:
Day 1: Body Fat Calculations and Body Mass Index
Day 2: Weight Management and Preventing Muscle Wasting
Day 3: Sports Nutrition Lab
Day 4: Sports Nutrition Lab
Day 5: Unit Test
CONTENT STANDARD S:
• Calculate body fat percentage using calipers to assess body fat percentage.
• Analyze weight management strategies used to assist an athlete in being healthy.
• Define the term Body Mass Index (BMI).
• Practice calculating BMI of a client.
• Evaluate the BMI of a client.
• Identify healthy and unhealthy zones of BMI.
• Analyze the importance of caloric intake and maintaining a healthy BMI.
• Determine strategies to prevent muscle wasting.
This unit comes with:
8 pages of lesson plans
2 PowerPoint presentations (70 slides)
Lots of ideas including discussion questions, on-going activities, recipes, video clip links and more!
Open the lesson plans first. You will see some of the activities in bold print. The bold-faced print titles correspond to the activities that are included with this purchase.