The Sports Nutrition course will help your student athletes make better choices about nutrition and their health. I love the fact that this class has the potential to make a huge impact on their performance both on and off the field.
This first unit that I am posting is entitled Essentials of a Healthy Diet. The content for this unit will last approximately eight days. The topics include:
Day 1: Introduction Day
Day 2: Elite Athletes and Influences on Athletes
Day 3: MyPlate
Day 4: How Food Choices Impact Performance
Day 5-6: What to Eat Before, During and After a Competition
Day 7: Grab-and-Go Food Lab Demonstration and Taste Testing
Day 8: Unit Test
CONTENT STANDARD S:
• Determine qualities that elite athletes have in common
• Consider factors that influence athlete’s health, fitness and sports performance
• Assess the essentials of a healthy diet for an athlete including MyPlate and Dietary Guidelines.
• Evaluate food choices and their impact on sports performance and energy levels.
• Analyze the dietary needs of athletes before, during, and after competition.
This unit comes with:
13 pages of lesson plans
5 different PowerPoint presentations (128 slides)
5 activities/games that are print ready
Lots of ideas including discussion questions, on-going activities, recipes, video clip links and more
Open the lesson plans first. You will see some of the activities in bold print. The bold-faced print titles correspond to the activities that are included with this purchase.
This is the first semester for me to teach this course. So I will be adding additional information over time. I hope these ideas will help you in presenting your Sports Nutrition class.