Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction short passages about different sports, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice questions on one page. The paragraph topics include the evolution of the football, the invention of basketball, a wacky new sport called bossaball, throwing a curve ball in baseball, the history of boxing, and 3 types of wrestling. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for anytime reading!
The readability levels of these passages is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• A Look Behind the Seams informational text and questions (1 page)
• Dribble Me This informational text and questions (1 page)
• Having a Bossaball informational text and questions (1 page)
• Observe the Curve informational text and questions (1 page)
• One Big Hit informational text and questions (1 page)
• Pin to Win informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► You can SAVE by purchasing the Short Reading Passages BUNDLE
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!