These activities are perfect for ANY classroom! It doesn't matter what your theme is because on those first days we are all trying to establish a classroom team!
Included in the lesson are 14 different beginning of the school year activties!
1. Find a Teammate Who...- An activity that gets kids up and talking to their new classmates.
2. Shooting for our goals- An activity that has kids writing goals for the school year. This one makes an excellent bulletin board!
3. Batting Line-Up- This is a simple ABC order handout that helps keep kids busy when the teacher needs to put away supplies or help a student who is anxious about the first day.
4.Interview a Teammate- An activity that has students interviewing each other and introducing their partners to the whole class.
5. Tour the stadium- This is an activity that gets students out of their seat and exploring their new classroom.
6. My Summer Score- An activity that has students doing some addition to determine how cool of a summer they had!
7. Make your own sports card- An activity that has students making their own baseball card.
8. Team Pennant- An activity that has each student making a pennant. All the class pennants can be strung together to make a fun display.
9. Game Day Mad-Lib- An activity that has students working with a partner and allows you to see how much of their language skills they remember!
10. Team Bingo- A fun whole group bingo game where the class is getting to know interesting facts about the other students in their class.
11. Coach's Quiz: A fun way to get to know YOU!
12. School Illustrated: A magazine project where students get to write and illustrate the events of their fist days of school.
13. The Rules of the Game: Students write about and illustrate three of the school or classroom rules.
14. Game Day Highlights class book: Every students write and illustrates a page about the highlights of their first days of school. A cover is included so that the teacher can make a class book.
These activities get students out of their desk, allow them to be creative, give you a glimpse of what they remember from the previous year and encourage teamwork and colaboration. Plus they are lots of fun!
Try some of my other beginning of the school year activities
About the Teacher EDITABLE Back to School Book
Back to School Paper Bag Book
Celebrate the Third Day of Third Grade!
Second Day of Second Grade Scoot
You might also be interested in my sports classroom decor:
Sports Classroom Theme Kit
Sports Theme Reading and Writing Posters