This pack is focused on sports and leisure vocabulary and it also gives children the opportunity to learn about different sport and leisure activities, consider their interests, make choices and explore their emotions. Perfect for supporting children with active and healthy lifestyles!
Through following activities in the pack, children are also encouraged to listen and follow instructions, maintain concentration on a given task, talk about themselves, learn about others and develop social skills.
This pack includes ALL of the following:
* Sports and Leisure Flipbook – Encourage children to think about lots of different sports and leisure activities and how they feel towards them. Allow them to discuss their interests together as a group and express their likes and dislikes. Children will learn about expressing emotions, how it is okay for others to have different interests and then practise fine motor skills through cutting and sticking their flipbook together.
* Sports and Leisure Fan – Follow the activity suggestions to support children’s knowledge about different sports and leisure activities and build on literacy and vocabulary skills. Once complete use the fans to play musical statues where children must freeze in a sport or leisure activity pose.
* Sports and Leisure Wordsearches – Different versions of wordsearch are provided to accommodate for different levels of ability. Follow the activity suggestions for more fun games and to further support vocabulary skills. Use the blank templates to enable children to create their very own wordsearches then assemble together in a fun book that you can all share as a group.
* Spinner Card Game – Children will enjoy helping to assemble the parts of this game before playing in pairs or as a group. Follow the instructions to have lots of fun making sentences, drawing or acting out an activity or guessing whether a sentence is true or false. Brilliant for learning to take turns, follow instructions and building on social skills whilst supporting literacy and increasing children’s knowledge of sports and leisure activities.
* Dominoes – Six versions of dominoes are provided depending on whether you want learning focus to be on receptive or productive skills, literacy skills or the amount of cutting / colouring / gluing you want to include. Follow the activity suggestions for lots of fun ways to support children’s learning.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini Cards – Mini Cards can be used to play more matching and memory games as well as developing word recognition and literacy skills.
* Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
Detailed instructions, activity suggestions and descriptions for each section ALSO INCLUDED!
Complement your unit on sports and leisure with our collection of sports and leisure songs and other related resources on www.kidsclubenglish.com
If you like this resource you might be interested in some of our other topic themed resources:
Or complement a topic with one of our story based resources:
After you've had a chance to use this product, we'd really appreciate it if you could visit us again to leave your feedback and comments. It really helps us improve our resources.
How to get TPT credit for future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases. We'd really love it if you'd rate our item after downloading! Feedback is so VERY important!
Follow our Store
Click on the green star next to our store logo to receive upcoming sales, freebie and product launches, and email updates!