Enrich content area reading and encourage students to take an in-depth view of the people and events of specific eras of American history. Nonfiction reading comprehension is emphasized along with research, writing, critical thinking, history, and geography. A readers' theater is also included.
- African Americans in Early America
- Leaders Before the Civil War
- War, Reconstruction, and Segregation
- Leaders from the Civel War to the Great Depression
- African Amercian Hereos, 1865-1940
- The Civil Rights Movement, 1945-1970
- Moments and Movers in the Civil Rights Movement