Spring Alphabet Center Craft and Activity - Beginning Sounds Match-Up
What educators are saying
Learners will have fun learning their alphabet and beginning sounds using this fun Spring Alphabet Craft Activity. This Beginning Sounds Spring Craft activity will make the perfect Literacy Center for your Kindergarten students this spring season. Learners will explore the beginning sounds for 156 age-appropriate vocabulary words presented on bird eggs, then identify the sound and match it to the corresponding letter on a bird's nest.
Perfect for use during kindergarten literacy centers or with small groups of students, this spring beginning sound and alphabet craft activity is simple to prepare and can be used again and again.
Color and black and white versions are included for the picture cards along with recording sheets for students to record their learning.
- This printable is part of the Kindergarten Spring Math and Literacy Centers.
*Check out the preview for a look inside this resource.
What’s included in this Beginning Sounds Craft Literacy Center for Kindergarten?
- Aa - Zz Bird Nests
- 156 Picture Cards - 6 for each letter (Color and Black & white)
- List of words
- Recording sheets
- Answer Keys
The bird nests can be printed to a smaller size by printing it 2, 4 or 6 to a page depending on what size you'd prefer to use.
How to best use this Kindergarten Spring Beginning Sounds Craft Activity?
- Learners can choose a few of the letters to practice.
- They will identify the pictures in the bird eggs with the correct beginning sounds and match it up to the correct bird nest.
- There are 6 eggs for each sound, you can choose to use less or more for an easy differentiation between your learners.
- Learners can then record their answers in the recording sheet, if desired.
Preparing this Spring Beginning Sound Literacy Center:
- Print and laminate the pages.
- Cut apart to create the alphabet nests and egg pictures.
- Print recording sheets if required.
Differentiating the Activity:
- Present the letters to your learners based on the sounds they are familiar with to start off with and then slowly increase as they get more familiar with the activity.
- Add or reduce the number of eggs (pictures) used for an easier or tougher activity.
This packet can be used to strengthen fine motor skills, explore during morning work or used as supplemental literacy centers.
The centers are best used once printed on cardstock and/or laminated. You can choose to implement these centers in an independent way or use with small-groups.
Have a Question?
Please email me at email@example.com