Use the graphics, character labels and the 7 steps to narrative writing to motivate students to write Spring Animal stories. Print out the blackline masters for students to publish their writing.
Teachers can use these for modelling narrative writing, by sticking magnetic tape on the back of labels to use on magnetic whiteboards.
Add the Spring Animal storybox to a Writing (Literacy) center for independent students to plan, write and publish their Spring Animals stories
This Storybox contains
• 27 Picture labels of characters and settings with vocab words
• 5 copies of each graphic label
• 2 Writing frameworks, one narrative, one recount
• 1 page of ‘7 stages of writing a narrative’
• 1 page of ‘6 stages of writing a recount’
• 26 blackline masters for publishing
• 68 graphics, labels, Black and White, no white background
• 1 Spring Animal PowerPoint template
Cut out and laminate the Picture Labels so students can use these to plan their narrative or recount.
Cut out and laminate the copies of the graphics and glue or double side magnetic tape so that these can be used on magnetic whiteboards.
Cut out and laminate the ‘7 stages of writing a narrative’ and the ‘6 stages of writing a recount’ so that students can use these to organise their story..
Publish stories using the PowerPoint template and Spring Animal graphics.
Print copies of the Writing Frameworks so that students can plan their writing.
Print copies of the blackline masters and put the labels and masters all into one container.