WHATS IN IT?
This packet contains apraxia activities for 8 early sounds: /p/ /b/ /m/ /n/ /t/ /d/ /w/ and /h/. Each consonant sound comes with its own page. Flower petals with vowel sounds are provided in 3 different colors, in case your kiddo likes to switch it up sometimes :) There are color versions and B&W included.
WHAT DO I DO?
- Simply cut out all or a set of vowel sound petals.
- Laminate the petals and the page of the consonant you are targeting.
- Use velco or sticky tack in 5 spots around the middle of the flower and back of the petals
- Have your child attach a vowel petal and produce either a CV, VC, CVC or CVCV word. Yes, sometimes they will be nonsense words (Murray, McCabe, & Ballard, 2012).
- e.g., B and E: “be,” “eeb” “beeb “beebee”
- I like to use long vowel sounds.
- When all the petals are on you can use it to practice C1VC2V words too! (e.g., “Byebee”)