Spring Creative Writing Assignment
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
Also included in
- Creative Writing Bundle | PDF and Digital Formats: This no-prep - just photocopy and teach, full-year creative writing bundle will keep your students engaged in their writing. This bundle provides holiday writing prompts (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter) as well as seasonal writing proPrice $19.99Original Price $27.00Save $7.01
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $269.99Original Price $337.08Save $67.09
- Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 8 English Language Arts program. Use this all in one Grade 8 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle as your ready-to-go ELA program. The bundle contains 90+ resources for teaching Reading, Writing, SpeakiPrice $279.87Original Price $349.84Save $69.97
Spring Creative Writing | PDF and Digital Formats: In this Spring Creative Writing Assignment, students will select one of the provided character roles: bear, grass, snow shovel, bird, professional gardener and create a written or visual product based on the character's specific writing prompt.
This no-prep - just photocopy and teach Spring Creative Writing Assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer's Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this Resource:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Spring Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 - Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- “An excellent resource to use in spring when transitioning into a more formal writing unit. I like to use this writing prompt in between heavier writing units.”
- “Love the variety.”
- "My students had a lot of fun with this activity. They enjoyed having the choice of which RAFT they were going to write about. This activity is a great opportunity for students to show their creativity."
- “My students had a lot of fun with this activity. They enjoyed having the choice of which RAFT they were going to write about. This activity is a great opportunity for students to show their creativity."
- “Great resource for my creative writing class! Great options with a rubric included! The students enjoyed this so much, I bought the bundle! Thank you!”
Want To Learn More About This Format Format?
Other Creative Writing Assignments
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others; demonstrate sufficient command of keyboarding skills to type a minimum of three pages in a single sitting.
Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.