Spring Directed Drawings for May - Mother’s Day, butterfly, chick, flower
What educators are saying
Also included in
- You will love this bundle of weekly directed drawings for the entire school year! Teach and build drawing skills and following directions with these versatile printable directed drawing and writing activities. This bundle includes 50 differentiated directed drawings covering seasons and holidays forPrice $29.00Original Price $50.00Save $21.00
You will love this bundle of weekly directed drawings for May (spring-themed)! Teach and build drawing skills and following directions with these versatile printable directed drawing and writing activities for the month of May. May's 5 directed drawings include a butterfly, caterpillar, mom (for Mother's Day), flower, and chicken. These make the perfect companions for your spring and Mother's Day lessons!
Are you tired of searching for kid-friendly directed drawing activities that you can teach quickly and easily, or throw into a sub-plan? This kid-approved, NO-PREP directed drawing resource is all you need to supply your art center or for your directed drawing lessons for a month!
Teach one directed drawing each week using the differentiated Drawing Mats to build drawing skills. These 5 different directed drawings can be used for your art lessons, independent drawing activities, or combined with seasonal writing.
Want a set of directed drawings and writing activities for the entire school year? Check out the Directed Drawing Mats BUNDLE that is available for a SPECIAL DISCOUNT (It includes a FREE Bonus Directed Drawing Calendar that makes the perfect keepsake gift).
Why YOU NEED Drawing Mats!
- You will build confidence and ability through repeated drawing activities.
- This resource saves you time as it is already ready for you!
- This zero-prep, versatile resource is great for independent drawing practice, whole group lessons, sub-plans, morning work, art centers, online lessons, and more!
- Drawing Mats are differentiated to meet the needs of your learners. With the different variations, there is something for all.
- The drawings are fun to draw and chosen to keep interest high! The directed drawings are seasonal and include holidays that kids relate to.
- Each directed drawing can be completed on the sheets provided or separately as a whole class art lesson.
Drawing Mats provide a lot of practice each week to help build drawing skills, following step-by-step instructions, and writing skills. Students can also color or paint their creations after drawing or write a story about the character they created.
What is included in each month of Drawing Mats!
There are many different variations included!
- Students follow each of the 6 steps provided in order and draw in the space provided.
- Students follow each of the 4 steps provided in order and draw in the space provided.
- Read each step orally from the instruction sheet or cut the instruction sheet into 6 sheets and staple to create a booklet. Follow the instructions and draw on one of the 2 blank sheets provided or on your own choice of art paper.
- Students complete their directed drawing in the empty space and write a story about their drawing. 3 different variations included (2 lines and 1 with lines and 6 steps to follow).
- A cover page and extra writing sheets are included!
Look at the PREVIEW for a look at Drawing Mats up close, completed samples, and the variety of pages included!
May/Spring Directed Drawings
- Mom (Mother's Day)
Alpha-Draw Directed Drawing Pack
You can view all of the monthly mat products HERE!
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft