Spring ELA Review Task Cards | Print & Digital | Fun Board Game!
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
Here are 32 spring-themed, multiple-choice task cards that cover a variety of English Language Arts skills and standards. Each skill is presented within the context of a sentence and shows up 3-5 times throughout the set. Plus, a super fun board game to use alongside the task cards!
- 32 ELA Review Task Cards- Color
- 32 ELA Review Task Cards- Blackline
- Easel Assessment- Self-Checking
- Google Slides Digital Activity
- Spring Board Game- Color
- Spring Board Game- Blackline
- Spring Board Game Pawns & Dice- Color
- Spring Board Game Pawns & Dice- Blackline
- Digital Google Slides Spring Board Game
- Student Response Sheets
- Cover & Challenge Cards
- Answer Key
These cards can be used digitally as an Easel Self-Checking Assessment! Students just click on an answer and then can see if they are correct! You can see how many tries it took the student to get each answer right. No correcting needed!
The following skills are addressed:
- Parts of speech
- Prefixes & Suffixes
- Complete sentences
- Vocabulary (homophones, synonyms, context clues, multiple-meaning words, shades of meaning)
Although all of the responses are multiple-choice, the cards use several different formats and are organized randomly to help students gain fluency switching among different skills and formats. This will not only help them to master the skills but also give them practice in reading and following directions. As far as the Common Core Standards are concerned, you will find that there are cards that meet many of the L1, L2, L4, and L5 standards. However, since this set covers so many areas and does not focus on any one standard, I did not feel it was appropriate to list them all. Many of these standards are covered in depth in other task card sets that you can find in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
This set also includes a bright and fun board game! It is a path-based game that uses the task cards along with pawns and dice (included as printables) to help students practice these skills without even knowing it! There is also a digital version of this game that students will LOVE!
An answer sheet for students to record their answers is included along with an answer key for self-checking. There is also a Challenge Card that can be used in conjunction with any other card to extend the activity. These task cards are perfect for test prep and will work well at literacy centers, stations, for partner work, or with the whole class using a game like Scoot and Quiz, Quiz, Trade.
These cards focus on spring weather and activities, not on holidays. The only holiday that is mentioned is Mother's Day, and only on one card.
These cards will look best in color, but will also print out fine in grayscale. Simply print and cut along the guidelines. Laminate and use them again and again. Alternatively, you could print on cardstock. It works well to keep them in a baggie. Another option is to hole-punch a corner of each card and put them all on a ring.
- Spring Would You Rather FREEBIE
- Spring Close Reading Passages
- Spring Higher Level Thinking
- Subject-Verb Agreement Task Cards
- Verb Tense Task Cards
- Possessive Nouns Task Cards
- Figurative Language
- Brain Breaks
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom.