Need some fun and engaging math activities to do with your students in the Spring?
This "Easter Egg Math: Fractions, Comparisons, and Coordinate Plotting" package includes 4 egg-inspired activities!
Students will compare differently decorated Easter eggs by using >, <, or =. Next they will have to decorate eggs to accurately complete a given comparison. Then finally, they will decorate their own blank eggs and write their own comparisons.
Each Easter basket is supposed to contain 12 piece of candy.
Sarah’s basket currently has…
~1 chocolate bars ~6 jellybeans ~3 hard candies.
1. How many pieces of candy does Sarah’s basket have so far? ____
2. Write a fraction which describes the number of pieces missing. ____
3. If 1/2 of Sarah’s basket is supposed to be made up of jellybeans, how many should she have? _____
4. If 1/4 of Sarah’s basket is supposed to be made up of hard candies, how many should she have? _____
5. If 1/4 of Sarah’s basket is supposed to be made up of chocolate bars, how many should she have? _____
6. What is missing from Sarah’s basket?
Easter Basket Fractions
Oh no! The Easter baskets have been dropped! Students must figure out how many pieces of different types of candies have fallen out of each basket according to the given set of fractions so they can fix the baskets!
Students must color in each Easter egg design according to the color fractions given. On the last egg, students must decorate their own egg and then write their own fraction rules to match it.
The Great Egg Hunt
Congratulations! You’ve been hired as the official city egg hunt hider! Students will use the listed map coordinates to correctly place the right colored eggs around the park. Students will then label each of the four map quadrants and then answer a variety of fraction questions asked by the mayor in regards to the hidden eggs
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact me at email@example.com and/or leave some feedback! :)
Check out my Blog, Pinterest, and Facebook page for great ideas and giveaways!