Updated Version-- Just added about 100 new pages to this unit.
Kindergarten Darlings has created a literacy unit about Eggs and Bunnies that will enhance your literacy and workshop time. There are many No-Prep activities that are ready to use today in your classroom. This Literacy Unit is full of independent center activities and simple stories to boost students reading and literacy skills. The books can be used whole group, small group or during independent reading time. Many skills are covered in this unit: reading leveled text, TRC sight words recognition, beginning sounds - ch digraph, short vs long vowels, using letter sounds to sound out words and build words, writing and much more.
1. Emergent Reader: What can Hop? Student version and colored larger version
2. One-Page Sight Word Stories
b. Hop, Hop, Hop
3. Build –op words: top, pop, cop, mop, chop, stop, shop
4. Real vs. Non-sense –op words
5. More One-Page Sight Word Stories
a. Colorful Eggs – colored pocket chart version included
b. What Hatches
6. Emergent Reader: What will hatch from the Egg? Student version and colored
7. Ch-Ch-Chick Sort: identify which pictures begin with /ch/
8. Seasonal Word Chart and Writing Center Activity
a. Animals that Lay Eggs
b. Spring Things
9. Sequence Stories:
a. The Bunny
b. The Egg
10. Comprehension Stories:
11. Action Words
a. Bunny Actions
b. Seasonal Actions
12. Syllable Sort
13. Label Stories:
a. The Bunny
b. The Chick
14. Sentence Development and Non-Fiction Writing:
a. All about Bunnies
b. All about Chickens
15: Non-Fiction Stories and Emergent Readers: a. Bunnies b. Chickens
16. Positional Chick: student version and colored version
17. Sorting: a. short Oo vs. Long Oo b. short Ee v. Long Ee
18. Build a Sentence:
a. Lots of Animals hatch from eggs.
b. There are many colorful eggs in my basket.
19. Making Words:
a. Easter Bunny
20. Simple Sentence Match:
d. Who lays eggs?
20. Mystery Sentence: Identify the beginning sound of each picture to determine the mystery sentence
I hope you enjoy this unit. Happy Spring!