Spring is here! Let your students experience a little gardening fun in your classroom with this creative writing project. This Spring Garden writing project is a great way for students to experience six different genres of writing. Because they are all focused on a garden theme, students experience the unique characterizes of each genre.
The Spring Garden Genre Project covers six genres of writing;
1. Persuasive Letter to the principal to allow a class garden
2. Informative Writing, research report about plants
3. Informative Writing, a how-to writing about planning and planting a garden
4. Functional Writing- job application to work in the class garden
5. Narrative Writing- mystery about some missing tomatoes.
6. Poetry- direction for writing haiku poems
The Spring Garden Genre Project includes:
-Six student-friendly directions pages with writing process check lists
-a selection of 6 different graphic organizers, choose the one you want for each genre
-a final writing paper to match each genre, most with 2 sizes of line spacing (double and 1 ½).
-3 cover designs for a How Does Your Garden Grow writing book.
-About the Author page
I hope you'll take time to look at the preview. It shows almost every page in this packet! If you have any questions please use the Product Ask a Question tab.
You may also like these other writing products from Crockett's Classroom:
Writing Process for Amazing Authors
Scarecrow Genre Writing Project
Created by Debbie Crockett
Copyright © 2014 Debbie Crockett
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.