This Spring math unit for kindergarten includes activities and worksheets for numbers, counting, counting on, number before and after, sequencing, addition, subtraction, word problems, number writing, number tracing, number combinations, patterns, graphs, number words, and more! Includes counting activities for teen and larger two digit numbers.
• 27 Activities
• 86 Pages
• 13 Common Core Standards
• Designed for Spring
• March, April, and May
• Great for 1st Grade too!
• Use in math centers, small groups, whole group instruction, or for homework.
• Most activities include options to challenge students.
• Most activities could be used as assessments.
27 Activities focusing on many Common Core Kindergarten Math Standards
1. Count objects. Write the number to label the set (2 options)
2. Number Writing Practice (2)
3. Tracing or Writing to 5 (2)
4. Tracing or Writing to 10 (2)
5. Tracing or Writing to 20 (2)
6. Tracing or Writing to 100 (3)
7. Hundreds Chart
8. Counting on from a given number includes single and 2 digit numbers (6)
9. Number Before and After a Given Number (5 includes teen numbers)
10. Patterns (2)
11. Distinguishing between size- small, medium, and large
12. Sequence by size
13. Sequence by height with options
14. More and Less- Complete a drawing to show understanding of these terms (2)
15. Count, label, and order sets by size (3)
16. Graphs (4)
17. Making 6 Number Combinations
18. Making 10 Number Combinations
19. Making 10: Pick a Pair
20. 3 Word Problems- each with options to differentiate
21. Using pictures to write equations (3)
22. 3 Addition Worksheets with answer keys – Facts 0 – 5, Facts 0 – 10, Missing Addend
23. 4 Subtraction Worksheets with answer keys – Facts 0 – 5, Facts 0 –9, Facts 0 – 10, Missing Subtrahend
24. Sort, Count, and Order (2)
25. Sequencing Numbers- 3 options including teens and counting by 1’s and 10’s
26. Number Words (2)
27. Extra cards for counting, sorting, patterns, counting, etc.
Based on Common Core Math Standards
CC1 Count to 100 by ones and tens.
CC2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
CC3 Represent a number of objects with a written numeral
CC4 Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
CC5 Count to answer "how many?"
MD1, MD2 Describe and compare measurable attributes.
MD3 Count the number of objects in a set and order sets by size.
OA 1 Represent addition and subtraction
OA2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems.
OA3 Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs.
OA4 For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10
when added to the given number
OA5 Fluently add and subtract.
Want more math?
Spring Kindergarten Math for the Common Core is included in the BUNDLE here:
Kindergarten Math Activities for Common Core GROWING BUNDLE
Check out individual product listings here:
Number Combinations for Ten Monthly Kindergarten Math Common Core Activities
Number Combinations for Ten and More with Mittens Kindergarten Math Common Core Activities
Valentine Number Combinations for Ten and More Kindergarten Math Common Core Activities
Easter Kindergarten Math Activities for Common Core
Back to School Kindergarten Math for the Common Core
Halloween and October Kindergarten Math for the Common Core
Thanksgiving and November Kindergarten Math for the Common Core
Christmas and December Kindergarten Math for the Common Core