This 22 page activity set includes reproducible color and black and white language activities to use with the sequencing task of How to Grow a Plant. The spring theme of growing a plant ties to science curriculum, and the language activities are English-Language Arts aligned. These activities are perfect for individual and group instruction. Perfect for speech therapy and English as a second language learners.
1. Sentence Comprehension: Read/ listen to the sentence and identify the corresponding picture field of 4 pictures.
2. Sequencing pictures-steps for growing a plant in color: 7 total, can be adjusted to any amount for student’s level
3. Sequencing pictures-steps for growing a plant in black and white: 7 total, can be adjusted to any amount for student’s level
4. Sequencing pictures-plant growing in color: 4 total
5. Sequencing pictures-plant growing in black and white: 4 total
6. Story Narrative/Retell: complete first, next, then, last organizer for a written response to story sequence
7. Matching a sentence to corresponding picture
8. Story Comprehension paired with picture: Read/listen to story and answer questions, fill in response on line
9. Vocabulary cards picture-definition match color: color picture cards to match vocabulary with definition
10. Vocabulary cards picture-definition match black and white: black and white picture cards to match vocabulary with definition
11. Vocabulary sentence fill-in: Complete the sentence with the correct vocabulary word from the word bank
12. Vocabulary sentence creation: Write a sentence using each vocabulary word.