- This Flowering Plants resource has over 100 pages full of everything you need for your flower and plant theme. The resource includes plant science, reading, and non-fiction writing activities about flowers. This pack has everything you need to teach about flowering plants (lesson suggestions, printa
- This Chicken resource has 125 pages full of everything you need for your chicken and chick unit and classroom theme. This pack has everything you need to teach about chickens (lesson suggestions, printables, activities, anchor charts, headings for charts, templates, sorts, & much more!). This re
- This butterfly resource has 115 pages full of everything you need for a butterfly unit and classroom theme: science, reading, and non-fiction writing activities to teach all about butterflies and caterpillars. This pack has everything you need to teach about butterflies (lesson suggestions, printabl
- This Frog resource has 112 pages full of everything you need for your frog and tadpole theme. The resource includes frog science, reading, and non-fiction writing activities. This pack has everything you need to teach about frogs (lesson suggestions, printables, activities, anchor charts, headings f
- This FREE Spring Science Pack Sampleris perfect for your spring life science study on chickens, butterflies, frogs, and flowers. It has 6 pages of sample activities from my HUGE Spring Life Science Bundle!The activities align to the Common Core standards for ELA & Science for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd g
- Bundle Description
This NEWLY UPDATED Spring Surprise BUNDLE has around 450 pages full of science, reading, and non-fiction writing activities to teach all about FROGS, CHICKENS, BUTTERFLIES & FLOWERING PLANTS, including their life cycle, labeled diagram, fact sheets, vocabulary cards, observation journal, compare and contrast, can/have/are, and much more!
Buy the BUNDLE and get 1 FREE unit ($11.50 in savings).
The activities align to the Common Core standards for Reading Informational Texts and Writing and the Next Generation Science Standards for Grades 1, 2, & 3.
The 4 units included in this bundle are shown below (see individual previews).
You can NOW grab this unit in the Non-Fiction & Science for the Whole Year ENDLESS Bundle! This bundle has many units covering themes for the whole year & you will get any new science unit made for FREE! Check it out HERE!
The same activities are provided for Frogs, Chickens, Butterflies, & Flowering Plants. They include:
*Full Listing and links to the COMMON CORE STANDARDS covered in the units
*7 full-color FACT POSTERS with key information.
*3-4 page FACT SHEETS providing the teacher and students with information on the appearance, habitat, life cycle, diet, interesting facts, needs + more on each of the subjects.
*KWL (KNOW WONDER LEARN) Sheets
*Tons of VOCABULARY CARDS for each subject (for every word bolded in the fact sheets provided)
*SORTING FACTS activities where students must cut and paste facts into the correct category (appearance, diet, etc.)
*CAN, HAVE, ARE blank sheets & optional list of facts to sort under the correct headings
*READ & RESPOND activity. Read the passage provided and answer questions and make connections based on the text.
*FINDING INTERESTING FACTS sheets are provided. Have students read and record the main facts from the fact sheets.
*ASKING QUESTIONS before, during, and after reading and learning about a topic. Blank template provided for students to record their questions.
*Many LIFE CYCLE activities and posters provided!
1) Anchor charts
2) Posters & headings to make class anchor charts
3) Mini books to write about the life cycle
4) Story books to fill in and draw pictures
5) Cut & paste labels around the life cycle
*LIFE CYCLE CRAFTS
*LABELED DIAGRAM activities & posters
1) Anchor Charts
2) Posters & Heading to make class anchor charts
3) Cut & paste the labels/name the parts
*COMPARE & CONTRAST with Venn Diagrams. Sort fact sheets are provided for students to place in the correct location. Comparisons between different subjects (frogs & butterflies) and between parent and offspring (chickens & chicks).
* RESEARCH TEMPLATES for students to record notes that they locate while reading the fact sheets or elsewhere. Organized into headings (diet, habitat, etc.)
*REPORT BOOKLETS & WRITING PAPER are provided as a follow up to the research project. Students can put their notes into paragraph form and make a non-fiction book.
*OBSERVATION JOURNALS for in-class science activities
Look at the PREVIEW for an 11-page overview of the activities and materials provided in this pack.
You get 4 full sized units in 1 HUGE bundled pack for your convenience. It has everything you need to teach the subjects (lesson suggestions, printables, activities, anchor charts, headings for charts, templates, sorts, & much more!).
Check out each individual science bundle HERE!
You might also be interested in these Non-Fiction ELA & Science units:
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Popular Bundles by Proud to be Primary:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
© Proud to be Primary