These spring themed literacy centers are packed with TONS of hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your kindergarten classroom and have tons of fun activities to last you well throughout spring! This pack includes 17 Literacy Center Activities!!
Each literacy center activity is aligned to the Common Core and includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for students
• Recording sheets for student accountability
• The Common Core Standards that each activity is aligned to
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
*NOTE: These activities are ONLY the LITERACY Activities from my Spring Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included as well as the Common Core standards:
• Raining Beginning Sounds (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Identify the beginning sound of a word/picture.
• A Nest of Middle Vowels (RF.K.3.B, L.K.1.A)- Determine the middle short vowel sound of a CVC word/picture.
• A Tulip of Ending Sound (RF.K.3.A, L.K.1.A)- Identify the ending sound of a word/picture.
• Mystery Blends (RF.K.3.A, L.K.1.A)- Match the beginning blend sound letters to the picture.
• Ants are Marching CVC Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Sound out and build CVC words to go with the picture.
• Blooming Word Families (RF.K.2.C, RF.K.3.A, RF.K.3.D)- Identify different word families to match the picture.
• Secret CVC Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)- Use a decoding key to spell and read secret CVC words.
• Sentence Unscramble (RF.K.1, RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A, L.K.2)- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• Beginning and Ending Sounds (RF.K.3.A, L.K.1.A)- Identify the beginning and ending sound of a word/picture.
• I Can Read! (RF.K.4)- Read short sentences and match the picture that goes with the sentence they read.
• Digraphs on a Log (RF.K.2.D)- Identify pictures with a beginning or ending digraph sound. (ch, th, sh, wh)
• Clip a Rhyme (RF.K.2.A)- Find rhyming pictures.
• Watering Words (RF.K.3.A, RF.K.2.D, L.K.1.A)-Read and match CCVC/CVCC words to the picture.
• It’s Raining Sight Words (RF.K.3.C, L.K.1.A)- Spell different sight words using rain drop letters. (40 different sight words for you to choose from and you can add your own too!)
• A Garden of CVCe Words (RF.K.2, RF.K.3.B, RF.K.3.D, L.K.1.A)- Sound out and build CVCe words to go with the picture.
• Tweeting Long Vowels (RF.K.3.B, L.K.1.A)- Sort pictures by long vowels sounds.
• Real or Nonsense (RF.K.3.B, L.K.1.A)-Determine if words they build are real or nonsense.
Don’t forget to download the preview to see all that is included!
If you are looking for Spring Math Centers, you can grab them in my BUNDLE!
Spring Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
SAVE BIG with my Literacy Centers MEGA BUNDLE for the entire year!
Literacy Centers for the Year BUNDLED
You can check out my other Monthly Literacy Centers below:
August: Back to School Literacy Centers
September: Fall Literacy Centers
October: Halloween Literacy Centers
November: November Literacy Centers
December: December Literacy Centers
January: Winter Literacy Centers
February: February Literacy Centers
March: March Literacy Centers
April: Spring Literacy Centers
May/June/July: Summer Literacy Centers
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
First Grade Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1 (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Literacy Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Math Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
Visit my blog: A Spoonful of Learning
Follow me on Facebook