These spring themed math centers are packed with TONS of hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your kindergarten classroom and have tons of fun activities to last you well throughout spring! This pack includes 21 Math Center Activities!!
Each math center activity is aligned to the Common Core and includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for students
• Recording sheets for student accountability
• The Common Core Standards that each activity is aligned to
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
*NOTE: These activities are ONLY the MATH Activities from my Spring Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included as well as the Common Core standards:
• Swatting Those Sum (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve addition equations.
• Addition Stories (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Read simple short addition stories, act them out with pictures, and write addition equation to go with the stories.
• Buzzing to the Honey (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve subtraction equations by acting them out with bees on a subtraction mat.
• Cross it Out Subtraction (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Use pictures to determine and solve different subtraction equations.
• A Buggy Comparison (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.C.6)- Compare groups of pictures on a mat.
• Crawling Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4)- Show numbers 1-20 in a variety of ways.
• Counting On (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Start at a given number and count on using pictures.
• Spinning 3D Shapes (K.G.A.1, K.G.B.4)- Identify different 3D shapes in the environment.
• Build a Flower (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- Solve addition and subtraction equations to build a flower.
• Ducks in Order (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Put a set numbers in the correct order.
• Building Teen Numbers (K.CC.A.3, K.NBT.A.1)- Match base ten blocks as well as tens and ones to a given number.
• Buggy Base Ten Blocks (K.CC.A.3, K.NBT.A.1)- Count base ten blocks to determine the number.
• Counting in the Rain (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Put the numbers 1-20 or 1-30 in order on number mats.
• Counting By Two (K.CC.A.1)- Put number cards in order counting by two from 2-20.
• Counting By Five (K.CC.A.1)- Put number cards in order counting by five from 5-50 or 5-100.
• Counting By Ten (K.CC.A.1)- Put number cards in order counting by ten from 10-100.
• A Counting House (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Determine the number that come before and after a given number.
• Sort and Graph (K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, K.MD.A.2, K.MD.B.3)- Sort different pictures, count the groups, and fill in information on the groups they sorted.
• Race to the Flowers (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)- A fun game where players are racing to get to the end first to win! They will solve addition and/or subtraction equations to move forward. There will be some bumps and bonuses along the way!
• A Bundle of Patterns (AB, ABC, AAB, ABB Patterns)- Continue and create different kinds of patterns.
• Counting Honey Bees (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Count out objects to show numbers 1-10 or 11-20.
Don’t forget to download the preview to see all that is included!
If you are looking for Spring Literacy Centers, you can grab them in my BUNDLE!
Spring Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
SAVE BIG with my Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE for the entire year!
Math Centers for the Year BUNDLED
You can check out my other Monthly Math Centers below:
August: Back to School Math Centers
September: Fall Math Centers
October: Halloween Math Centers
November: November Math Centers
December: December Math Centers
January: Winter Math Centers
February: February Math Centers
March: March Math Centers
April: Spring Math Centers
May/June/July: Summer Math Centers
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
First Grade Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1 (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Literacy Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
First Grade Math Centers for the Year (Growing Bundle)
Visit my blog: A Spoonful of Learning
Follow me on Facebook