Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the store and is$89.00$119.50Save $30.50
- Use these PRINT & GO and virtual math problems to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday themed math problem solving! The Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math challenges & brain teasers for every month of the school year$49.00$73.75Save $24.75
Includes printable spring math worksheets + digital Google Slides versions! Use these PRINT & GO Easter, April Fools' Day, spring, baseball, and Earth Day themed math activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with math problem solving FUN during the month of April. These April math challenges & brain teasers have engaging seasonal themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
You'll be set for THE WHOLE MONTH with 26 math printables + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for spring math centers, homework, fast finishers, small groups, number talks, Zoom meetings, math enrichment contracts, seasonal classroom activities, or whole class problem solving.
April themes include: Easter, April Fools' Day, eggs, bunnies, Easter candy, flowers, rain, baseball, lambs, Earth Day, and Spring Break.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
11 Math Challenges
- Racking up Recyclables (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 20, guess and check)
- MLB Stats (Adding and subtracting 2-digit numbers, logical thinking)
- Flower Garden (Area, multiplying 2-digit by 1-digit numbers, counting by fives)
- Candy Count (Addition and subtraction within 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Spring Break (Converting days to hours, adding multiple 2-digit numbers)
- Jeepers Peepers (Adding money to $20.00, logical thinking, organizing data)
- Rain Rain Go Away (Calendar math, doubling numbers, adding numbers with up to 4-digits)
- Egg Hunt (Addition and subtraction within 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Chocolate Bunnies (Converting ounces to pounds, organizing data, finding multiple combinations)
- Hippity Hop (Doubling numbers, converting inches to feet and inches)
- Basket of Bunnies (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, logical thinking, guess and check)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Scrambled Eggs (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Rabbit Reasoning (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- April Fools (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, logical thinking, guess and check)
- Lamb Lunch (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Egg Hunt #1 (Using ordered pairs, letter & number coordinates, easier)
- Egg Hunt #2 (Using ordered pairs, numbered coordinates, more difficult)
- Egg Hunt #3 (Using ordered pairs, equation coordinates, most difficult)
- Spring Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations)
- Spring Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations)
- RAIN Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- HUNT Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- SPRING Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SHOWER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- BASKET Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- HOME RUNS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Click on the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!