Spring Multiple Meaning Words
• This set contains 31 pages including cover and instructions. It has 12 spring related words. Each word has its own unique frame and picture.
• You will receive 4 cards for each word containing a different meaning for the word.
• There are additional cards that have those "spring" words used in a sentence.
• Cards with the same word are matched by their identical frame and picture.
• Also included in the set are eight spring related words used in two different figurative language expressions with their meaning.
• There is also a chart with 26 spring related words broken down by part of speech and expressions.
• These cards can be used in your articulation drills/practice activities: blends-cloud, grow, green, flower, fresh,
plant, spring, sprinkle; fricatives-fresh, flower, spring, sprinkle, shower; /r/-fresh, green, march, rain, shower,
spring, sprinkle, warm.
• Although this set contains spring related words, you can use it anytime of the year.
Depending on how you intend to use the cards:
• Word walls-print and cut the pictures to add to your theme related word wall (spring, multiple word meaning,figurative language).
• Games-print, affix to hard stock and laminate to use in matching card games. You can throw in a few of the figurative language expression cards as wild cards for their corresponding words. Students can match a pair or collect all four meanings of the same word. They match the word meaning to it's corresponding sentence
(matching frame, picture and number to help make it easier). Another way to use the set is to have them identify the meaning from the sentence cards using the context.
• Interactive notebooks-print the cards for the students to cut out to use in interactive notebooks or to use as a
reference. They can add additional information such as pictures, drawings, examples, use in their own sentence, illustrate literal vs figurative meanings in text or pictures.