Spring Time Parts of Speech Flowers- perfect for reviewing the parts of speech at the end of the year. (or for introducing each part of speech.) Includes nouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, pronoun, and prepositions. Everything is in color and black/ white and follows color coded grammar.
The flower petals contain a word and you have to match it to the correct part of speech. There are ten words (petals) for each part of speech.
- You could print everything in black/ white and have the students color the petals correctly and create their own flowers.
- You could print everything in color and laminate to put in a station to make a fun parts of speech matching activity.
- You could create a parts of speech bulletin board.
- You could give students a few petals to color correctly (or give them already colored) and then have the students pin the petal to the correct flower (like pin the tail on the donkey sort of!)
- You could use this to teach each part of speech- when teaching nouns only use the page with the noun words, when teaching verbs only use the page with the verb words, etc.
- You can probably come up with more ways to use this stuff than I can!
- blank flowers with the middle labeled with the part of speech (this gives the students a template to place the petals on)
- pages with like words on it (if you're creating a station this will make it easier for you) all the nouns are on a page, all the verbs, etc. (in color and black/ white)
- pages with all the words scrambled (this is good for if you want the kids to think about what part of speech the word is before coloring) in color and black/white
- flower middles with the part of speech labeled (in color and black/white)
- a list containing every word used in this set (like an answer key) so you can easily see what part of speech the words are that I used
Please see the preview- it includes an example of each of the pages listed above.