Spring Plays for the Classroom or the Stage
Six fun and interactive spring plays for the primary classroom. These plays are entertaining and are also very informative- teaching about such topics as metamorphosis.
Each original play is printed with a picture of the given character before their lines. In the packet there will be a black and white print copy as well as a copy with parts that are highlighted in color for easy part reading.
Pictures of the characters are provided to make headbands for readings or performances. These can be easily affixed to sentence strips or construction paper for fast and easy costumes.
1. “Fun in the Barnyard”-9 characters- Hungry animals in the barnyard are worried about breakfast because the farmer will not wake up.
2. “The Butterfly”-4 characters A caterpillar longs to fly. It goes through the metamorphic stages and becomes a butterfly.
3. “Happy Earth Day”- 2 characters A mother bear explains what earth is to her curious cub.
4. “The Frog”- 2 characters A confused tadpole tries to understand the metamorphic changes he is going while conversing with his great, great, great, grandfather the frog.
5. “Ten Little Fireflies” -10 characters Sung to the tune of “Ten Little Indians” this play counts forward and backward to ten as each firefly performs a certain activity.
6. It’s Spring”-2 characters This is a conversation between a busy robin that wants to work and squirrel that wants someone to play with.