The cinquain is a fun and very manageable form of poetry for students to write. Use this bundle for some seasonal poetry study!
Teach your students about three common forms of cinquain, and let them find out which is their favorite.
Over 30 pages of activities and materials!
This Cinquain Study Unit Includes:
* What’s a Cinquain? Mini-Lesson Info Sheet
* Instructions for writing 3 types of cinquains with examples
* Cinquain Study Packet including three classic spring-themed cinquains
* Close Reading Questions focused on Figurative Language practice and review
* Paired Text Practice: Questions for Comparing and Contrasting Texts
* Teacher Information Guide with Ideas for Differentiation, Modification, Variations,
* Two Writing Prompts for Essay or Quick-Write
* Open Response Writing Activity
* Write a Cinquain Activity - 3 options & templates!
* Pre-Writing Activity
* Make a Spring Cinquain Poster Activity with Rubric
* Three Spring Cinquain Classroom Posters
* Poster Templates included
Often aligned to the Common Core.
Questions crafted with attention to Bloom's Taxonomy.
This set of three cinquains is perfect for teaching Author's or Writer's Craft
Extend or deepen your unit or focus on the study of language with my Author’s or Writer’s Craft Introductory Unit
, which includes a mini-lesson, Do-Now’s, Information for the Teacher, Craft Practice, a Craft Study assignment that can be used again and again with ANY text to study the art and craft of writing, and much more. Learning how to help students look at writer’s craft changed the way I teach and the way my students learn. Use a craft study (available in my unit) as the unit assessment.
For more seasonal poetry study, check out these other units:
Summer Poetry: Cinquain Study Unit
Fall Poetry: Cinquain Study Unit
Winter Poetry: Cinquain Study Unit
Follow Me and find out first about sales, new products, and new freebies! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on the upper right of this page or from the Language Arts by Lauren Store.
Happy Teaching :)
Lauren @ Language Arts Lessons by Lauren
Spring Poetry: Cinquain Study Unit is created by Lauren Colletti and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License