Celebrate the spring season with five spring-themed poems in this hands-on and engaging 5-day poetry analysis unit
. Each spring poem is accompanied by a 5-page interactive flip book that helps students deeply understand the poem. As students progress through the analysis tasks on each page of their flip books, they not only dive deeper into the text, but they also develop an appreciation for closely reading poetry. Your students will love the interactive flip books and you’ll love how engaged students are while analyzing poetry.
Quick Poetry Unit
• Includes 5 poems all about spring written by diverse authors
• Each poem is accompanied by a five-page interactive flip book
• Lessons are easily adaptable to small group or partner work
• Lessons encourage repeated poetry readings to develop deep interpretation and comprehension
• The unit can be taught in succession or broken into individual lessons throughout the year (or spring season)
This detailed unit includes:
• 5 poems
• 20 close reading and analysis activities that can be assembled into interactive flip books
• Detailed instructional lesson plans
• Teacher keys for all student worksheets
Poems included in this unit:
• “Today” by Billy Collins
• “Spring Storm” by Jim Wayne Miller
• “In just” by E. E. Cummings
• “A light exists in spring” by Emily Dickinson
• “The Trees” by Philip Larkin
Skills developed in this unit:
• Close reading of complex texts
• Making inferences
• Identifying rhyme scheme
• Determining central ideas or themes in poetry
• Interpreting figurative language
• Responding to poetry
• Citing textual evidence to support poem analysis
• Writing analyses with sufficient evidence
• Participating in discussions and expressing ideas about poetry clearly
Common Core Learning Standards
addressed in this unit:
• RL.1, RL.2, RL.4, RL.5, RL.10
• W.9, W.10
• L.1, L.3, L.4, L.5, L.6
• SL.1, SL.6
This set of poetry analysis interactive flip books is part of a Year of Poetry Analysis Flip Books Bundle
! The bundle includes 20 poems, 20 flip books, and 80 analysis tasks. You’ll find sets of flip books for SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN and WINTER. Learn more about the Year of Poetry Analysis Flip Books Bundle HERE!
Find other seasonal poetry flip books here:
• Autumn Poetry Analysis
- 5 Flip Books
• Winter Poetry Analysis
- 5 Flip Books
You might also like...
Poetry Writing Unit (11 Days)
Figurative Language Unit
Reading Comprehension Skills - Mini-Unit Bundle!
Cause and Effect, Context Clues & Sequencing
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction