This poetry scrapbook is the perfect way to get your class exploring the outdoors while letting their creative juices flow in the form of poetry. They each get their own personal scrapbook where they are required to think about what language they can use to describe specific things before putting their thoughts into a poem. This scrapbook gives the children the opportunity to write acrostic, quatrain, and couplet poems along with another, which they can choose.
I have used this pack with great success in spring and summer where we would spend Friday afternoons going out to write poetry, however I am excited to have a go at it in winter too! It is very therapeutic for both the children and the teacher.
- Scrapbook cover
- Blank scrapbook cover (where they can draw their own)
- ‘Beautiful Birds’ language ideas
- ‘Beautiful Birds’ acrostic poem sheet
- ‘Magical Mini-Beasts’ language ideas
- ‘Magical Mini-Beats’ quatrain poem sheet (aabb rhyming pattern)
- ‘Vibrant Views’ language ideas
- ‘Vibrant Views’ quatrain poem sheet (abab rhyming pattern)
- ‘Wonderful Weather’ language ideas
- ‘Wonderful Weather’ couplet poem sheet
- Free poem sheet (the children choose the form and subject for their poem)
Please don’t forget to rate this product and provide feedback to earn credits that you can use toward future purchases on TpT.
Also be sure to visit my store Saving The Teachers
and FOLLOW ME
to see my new products and hear about upcoming sales!