Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
12.3 MB | 51 pages
This poetry bundle is a refreshing way to teach poetry through the outdoors. It is designed to get your children into the outdoors exploring poetry through their senses while encouraging a rich use of language.
It contains the following products:
Spring Poetry Scrapbook
This poetry scrapbook is the perfect way to get your class exploring the outdoors while letting their creative juices flow in the form of poetry. They each get their own personal scrapbook where they are required to think about what language they can use to describe specific things before putting their thoughts into a poem. This scrapbook gives the children the opportunity to write acrostic, quatrain, and couplet poems along with another, which they can choose.
I have used this pack with great success in spring and summer where we would spend Friday afternoons going out to write poetry, however I am excited to have a go at it in winter too! It is very therapeutic for both the children and the teacher.
- Scrapbook cover
- Blank scrapbook cover (where they can draw their own)
- ‘Beautiful Birds’ language ideas
- ‘Beautiful Birds’ acrostic poem sheet
- ‘Magical Mini-Beasts’ language ideas
- ‘Magical Mini-Beats’ quatrain poem sheet (aabb rhyming pattern)
- ‘Vibrant Views’ language ideas
- ‘Vibrant Views’ quatrain poem sheet (abab rhyming pattern)
- ‘Wonderful Weather’ language ideas
- ‘Wonderful Weather’ couplet poem sheet
- Free poem sheet (the children choose the form and subject for their poem)
Poetry Introduction PowerPoint
A fun interactive PowerPoint designed to give your class an introduction into the wonderful world of poetry. This PowerPoint will teach your children the technical vocabulary, creative language used, and different poetry forms.
- Slides 1 - 4: What is poetry
- Slides 5 – 7: Vocabulary
- Slides 8 – 26: Simile, personification, or metaphor game
- Slides 27 – 36: Poetry forms
- Slide 37 – Scrapbook follow up
Poetry Help Cards
Six poetry scheme help cards that explain what the scheme is and then gives an example. They are great to have available to your children for them to use when writing poems or as a way to differentiate.