Upper-grade students enjoy seasonal poetry, too!
Spring is the perfect time of year for some sensory detail study. This packet provides students with the opportunity to review sensory details and write four different poems.
This packet includes …
● Introductory Mini-Lesson on PowerPoint with Do-Now prompt
● Four options for writing Spring Sensory Detail Poems:
1. Basic Sensory Detail Poem
2. Sensory Detail & Simile Poem
3. Sensory Detail & Metaphor Poem
4. Free-Form Sensory Detail Poem
● Three writing prompts
● Three spring templates for bulletin board display:
- Display student poems as posters, or have students cut out their work and arrange as a spring poetry bulletin board. Theme ideas included!
● Information for the Teacher including suggestions, variations, and presentation ideas!
Follow Me and find out first about sales, new products, and new freebies! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on the upper right of this page or from the Language Arts by Lauren Store.
Happy Teaching :)
Lauren @ Language Arts Lessons by Lauren
Spring Poetry: Sensory Details is created by Lauren Colletti and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License