This is a great literacy center activity that helps your students practice reading and to practice writing sentences. Includes four different sentences puzzles.
1. Print, laminate and cut apart the puzzle pieces.
2. Make copies of the recording sheet.
3. Students will need to find each of the word pieces that make up a sentence.
4. The picture helps with self checking as they find the pieces and lay each piece down in its appropriate order.
5. Point out that there are hints on some of the pieces - sentences always end with a punctuation mark and start with a capital.
6. Once your students has finished putting their sentence puzzle together, they can write them down on the recording sheet.