The contents of this preschool speech and language packet include:
- TWO (2)- booklets with pictures of Spring themed/novel items
* 2 booklets with pictures of different Spring themed items. Research has proven that Young children with low level vocabulary and those with Apraxia demonstrate improved skills with simple repetition tasks. (Similar to books such as Brown Bear, Brown Bear. It will allow them to remember targeted vocabulary and practice 1-3 syllable words after a repetitive sentence starter. What do you see/ I see a _____).
- The first booklet contains 18 Novel Spring Items.
- The second booklet is about 10 different Spring Bugs/ Insects.
- WH-Questions with picture choices for the booklets: Black and white with visual choices.
- Yes/ No Questions Bingo Dauber activity: Therapist reads the Simple Yes/ no question related to Spring. The student selects the answer by using a Bingo Dauber, magnetic chips or markers to select your answers on the thumbs up (yes) or thumbs down (no).
- Cariboo picture sets (Black/ White & Color): To be used with the famous game or however you choose to use the cards).
- Spring Vocabulary Lottos (5 pages per set) : 5 different pages for 1:1 or small group): Great Black and White Printable for reinforcement of all the Spring themed items used in the book for any area of speech/ language. Your students will just color and play as instructed in BINGO. Just print an additional page if you would like to cut out calling cards. This is great for noticing if your little ones can identify and/or describe Spring vocabulary.
- 1 Bingo Dauber Dot- to –Dot pages: Great when working on drill of articulation sounds. Find and use colorful Bingo Daubers.
- Articulation Word Lists for /b, p, m, n, t ,d, s, z, l, k, g, f/ “sh”, “ch”, “dz”, /s/ and /l/ blends.
- Following directions sheet (One Step with 1-2 critical elements): Directions are listed on the sheet that you can read to the student.
- Seed/ Flower Sequencing Sheet: Includes the items you need to grow a flower with a template for your students to place each item in order of appearance. (gathering seeds, watering, sunlight, etc.)
- Create a Scene Activity: Use the pictures from the book and have your student(s) create a scene. You could also have your student(s) create the items with playdoh, then place them on this picture to create a scene.
- Pronoun Strips: Use the Cariboo picture cards to help your students use pronouns (he/she/they) in sentences. (He/ She has or They Have). Use the target questions with the sentence strips.
- Spring Category Sort (2 pages): Have your students take the 12 Spring related pictures, cut, and glue them into the correct categories (bugs, wear, animals, flowers, use, weather).
- Spring Labeling/ Identification Progress Monitoring Charts: Typical goals for most of my preschoolers working on vocabulary in themes revolve around them being able to identify and describe a certain amount of things over a course of time (4 out of 5 trials/ 3 out of 5 trials). This is a quick, streamlined way for me to keep data of what they actually know. I sometimes lay each color picture out on the table and either ask them to identify what has been spoken or label. You can use the WH picture cards or related prompts to gather information as well.
- Spring Accompaniment or Reinforcement Ideas: Ideas that I personally use or have to stretch the Spring theme out for a few weeks.
*** More is included in this packet! I'm sure you'll find it useful. Black and White copies are included for each activity to help save on ink! The only items you'll need to prepare are the booklets and Cariboo cards. Once prepared, they will last you for years. I keep the booklets and cards in my yearly rotation. If your students cannot use scissors yet, you may have to cut the category sort cards for them. I let my students cut the paper themselves.
Thanks for stopping by my store. I really appreciate you!
The ‘Peech Teacher