In this large or small group activity, children are asked to think up words that rhyme with given words related to the spring theme. Working with rhyming words helps young readers in so many ways and is a crucial skill for young readers!
Here are some of the benefits:
• helps phonetic decoding and encoding
• increases phonemic awareness
• improves auditory discrimination
• demonstrates that one-syllable words can be divided into onsets and rimes
• shows students how to use rhymes to predict spellings
• gives students experience with spelling patterns
Here are the features of this kit:
• A detailed Teacher's Guide
• Spring Rhyming Words Worksheet
• Spring Rhyming Word Cards
• Blank Word Cards
• Teacher’s List of Rhyming Words
The Word Cards are especially useful for follow-up activities
✓to play games such as Concentration or Go Fish
✓as flash cards
Blank cards are also provided. Add any words that are of special interest to your class, or even let the students write their own rhyming words on the cards.
Thanks for checking out my product!
Or buy 3 spring resources (reading, writing, rhyming) in a BUNDLE at 25% off!
If you are interested in my related activities, visit the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn
about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star
next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store, Many Roads to Reading
, or by email