Writing center, small group activity or filler your classroom or substitute. Students roll 3 times to find out which character, setting and situation they will be writing about. You can have students roll to complete several different sentences or use components to work on a paragraph. Pictures and game format will engage even reluctant writers.
Differentiate boards with both pictures and words included, as well as, sentence cards to cut up and re-order, and several worksheetsThis is an individual sample of a Roll a Sentence/Story theme from a growing bundle and seasons set. For Roll a Sentences at a discount check out the following in my store.
Growing Bundle! Roll a sentence for the whole year
Roll a sentence seasons set
Roll it games can be played in a small group or individually. If you don’t want dice rolling around the room put them in a small plastic container.
* Cut up sentences and laminate game boards and parts
* Copy worksheet you plan to use.
* Game board
* Paper or white board
* Writing utensil/crayons
Directions for Roll and write a sentence:
• Have students roll 3 times and on each turn pick one character, then one setting, then one situation.
• Have them use one of the worksheets included to record their rolls and then write a sentence and draw a quick sketch.
• Pictures can be laminated and used for students who may need either the sentence model or a picture reminder to write their sentence.
Please remember to rate products for TpT credits. Credits can be used toward your future purchases on TpT. Your ratings are helpful when creating new products and I can also update any current product based on your feedback. My hope is that you are 100% satisfied and feel you can give the product a 4 star rating. If not, please send me a question/comment if there is something I can do to improve your downloaded purchase. Thank you in advance for your time.